Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quick Update....

Thomas is still sick, Ben came down with it last night and thus began a runny nose and a fever of his own. Luckily though, it hasn't deterred their appetites or their desire to drink anything. They are happily sipping on apple cider and eating most what ever I give them. I know that is a good thing. And they respond well to the medicine. But it just seems to be at night when I have problems. They both have trouble breathing now with congestion and coughing so they wake up. And its mostly together, since one of them wakes up, they wake the other one up with their cries. During the day time they still seem to have a lot of energy but it runs out really fast. So they are acting somewhat lethargic.
Ah the smell of vicks vapo rub and constant chicken soup on the stove! I have to go down to the store to get supplies. I feel like a general readying his supply of weapons! My arsenal needs more kleenex, cough drops and chamomille tea with honey.
Luckily Abby hasn't shown any sign that she is getting sick. She still could get it no doubt but because she is a totally exclusive breast fed baby she is well protected from it since she gets her antibodies from me. Hurray for breast milk! Which I can't tell everyone I am so happy because although I could do it, it would be a night mare trying to care for all three sick kids this soon! I know it will happen eventually!
This really couldn't have happened at a worse time because KC and I need to meet with the owner of the house we wish to move into. So we have to that but afterwords I am going to make sure we just go back to the hotel and try to rest up and hope that all is at least good enough for Thomas's birthday party Monday night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tired vicks vapor rub on their feet at night? It sounds strange, but it works wonders! I've read a study on it and used it for my kids, and it's super effective for cutting down night coughing.

Anonymous said...

On the soles of their feet, I mean.