Well, today I celebrated my 29th birthday. I really didn't do anything too spectacular. After you turn 21 and have kids, birthdays are mundane things. (So says I). Anyway, I ended up getting a lot done today as KC was home and could watch the kids for a while. I made a German Chocolate cake, because after carrot cake, that is my favorite one. It was so cute. Thomas came up to my room early this morning as I was nursing Abigail, and said "Happy Birthday Mom!" He handed me a card and then asked "When can we eat your cake?" Ah, little boys. Mine always thinks with his stomach.
I have so much to be thankful for at this point in my life. I wonderful husband who loves me to pieces, three absolute joys for children (even with all the poop!), my awesome family + in-laws who are better than I could have ever wished for and a whole network of friends that I can say are as dear to me as family.
Not to be outdone, I am living in Europe. I can't explain how that has been a wonderful gift to me. Most of you who know me pretty well have known I would love to come and seen it a long time ago but it never got dealt out in the cards for me. God just had it timed out right I guess. I feel so loved and happy.
KC asked me what I wanted for my birthday a while back, I answered him "I already got what I wanted in September! A little girl!" So he opted to get me some Swarovski earrings. They are beautiful! Maybe some day I can give them to Abigail!
So here comes my last year of being a twenty-something. Bring it on!
6 comments:
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday, Mandy!
H A P P Y
T W E N T Y - S O M E T H I N G!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Mandy!
Happy Birthday to you!
I'm glad you had a great day, and I wish I could sing this to you in person! Many more!
Happy I really meant to post on your birthday but I totally spaced it because I am a twenty-something with kids birthday to you!
So, when you make German Chocolate Cakes in Germany, are they just called Chocolate Cakes? Just curious.
Oh my gosh!!!
The kids have grown!!!
And look at your hair!!! Love it!!
Hope all is well!
Love to you all!
Post a Comment