Wednesday, March 25, 2009

thanks Sarah Smiley!

I have lately been reading this book called "I was just saying." by a US navy wife named Sarah Smiley. She is a great writer and its a collection of all her columns that are syndicated in military papers all over the country. In her writing, she explores the fun world of being a military wife, mother of three boys and a woman with a career. She has made me laugh soo much that I can't go to bed without reading a least one more story before closing my eyes.
Last night I read an account that she wrote about her boys being sick. Her mother used to tell her that you feel only as good as your saddest child. Now, my friends, I think that is the truest statement that I have come across in ages! I mean, even if you don't have kids, you have pets (who are, lets face it, your kids til you have the human variation) you aren't doing well until they are happy.
Its hitting home for us right now because as of this morning, Thomas and Ben both have colds, I woke up with a sore throat and Abby is fussy. I can take being sick, but when I can't make the hurt in the kids go away, its hard for me to handle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you! Right now the kids are getting over being sick. Now Kenny is teething and Ronny sprained his wrist. I think I'll get more sleep with a newborn and feel better, too!