Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter at the Chase's place

Ok, for Easter we all did nothing really. We went to church, came home, dyed eggs, the Easter Bunny hid them once they were dry and we found them. Honestly, I had planned a big ole gathering of sorts. The weather was wonderful! The boys were in good spirits (including before, during and after mass). But to just put things in perspective, I couldn't get a hold of some of our good friends, our other friends who wanted to do something together have their parents visiting and after that it just seemed futile. My house was not prepared for people and one day soon, when my children are old enough to enjoy it, I will cook the whole Easter meal I learned to cook from my mom. Polish Pirogi and Ham and bunches of side dishes. But it seemed a little too over the top for a finicky five year old, a really-doesn't-care two year old, and a baby who is on a diet of breast milk and rice ceral with a few veggies. I mean, really, the two older ones would be more happy with a PB and J for their Easter Sunday supper! It would be different if there was lots of family in town or something, but where it was just us, we kept it on the down low and just enjoyed the day! I did get to crawl into Ben's bed and take a long nap in the afternoon. At this stage in my life, that is HOW Sunday SHOULD be celebrated!









3 comments:

Mrs. Craig said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture of the thee kids!!! How precious are they?!

Jen said...

Oh, to nap on Easter! That sounds like the best celebration of all!

Orchid said...

They're getting so big! And napping sounds like an awesome way to celebrate.