Monday, April 27, 2009

Just now figuring it out!

I decided to do something that I am well known for. I decided that since moving into our house, I might have been hasty at picking out which rooms go where. So in the last two weeks, I have re done where the kids bedrooms are. The boys moved into the bigger room, Abby moved into the boys' old room and our office is now slowly being moved down to where Abby slept. So, in light of that, I have been re-decorating Abby's room. I am using butterflies, lady bugs, flowers, dragonflies, fairies (not like the disney tinkerbells) but like fantasy fairies. Anyway, I was putting up butterfly stuff and listening to a mixed CD my friend Misty made me when I found out I was pregnant with a girl! When I picked up Abby from her crib she reminded me of the baby from Father of the Bride with Steven Martin. The baby they got to play the baby Annie. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks! I am exactly like the female version of Steve Martins charachter George Banks!
I am way sentimental about stuff, I revel in memories and go crazy to just try and remember good times. I could go on and on but I think, for the most part, most women are the crazy sentimental ones, but I go over board. I know KC isn't that sentimental but he compliments me well. (Example: while we were living in Cambridge a few years back, he helped me go through all the greeting cards I'd ever been sent in my life and we burned them in our fire place. I think I had a moving box full of them).
But I just want to remember all those wonderful things.
Just random thoughts I wanted to pass on.

1 comment:

FluffyChicky said...

Nothing wrong with being sentimental!

I love the father of the bride movies. Good stuff.