Monday, July 13, 2009

I quit.....

Ok, KC has been gone one, repeat one, day. I know that I will see him on Friday. I do recall something about the days when we first lived in Alabama and he was gone for those days at a time on military funeral detail and I was fine!!! Ben was small, Thomas was just out of his toddler phase, it was ok.
But now, Abby is almost to the toddler phase, Ben is still holding on to the toliet training and Thomas is BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!!!
This is all normal I know, for a family of youngsters. However, it makes it quite difficult for me to keep housework under control, and these Germans are neurotic! I do mean that in the best way possible. They have perfect houses and lawns and I swear even their animals are silent.
To them I swear I am just the annoying American lady who is always booming at the house and the end of the street.
After waking up today and saying morning prayers, I told myself I wasn't going to loose my temper. God, in His wisdom, must have thought "let's just test this out."
The kids were up most of the night, my sister Sarah forgot the time difference and called me at 2:30, Abby was up 4, Ben had to crawl in with us at 5:30. And by 7, it was all over as the 3 of them were wondering who that crazy person with dark circles under her eyes was, and why isn't she feeding us yet?
So I vowed to myself to quit...
-worrying about the state of the house ALL the time
-worrying if Thomas will ever get his math down....just gotta give it time
-wondering why boys will invent the most daring things to entertain themselves and not just go and play with toys.
-trying to be "super mom" and just be "mom"

And I thought to myself, this is what it will be like when KC is gone. I nearly fell over. I guess I just need to find my groove and figure out what works best for me....and the three kids in tow. I am in for a long year. I already feel tired! (Especially after I found the boys "cutting the lawn" with actual scissors-"but we were just trying to help!!!")
Which is really sad. I know its only July but it seems like the soldiers are gone all the time and pilots are the worst! They never have consistency in their schedules.
Crazy!
Anyway, the kids were wired and it took me a long time to get them to bed. We went from tired, to story time straight into over tired! And any parent knows "over tired" and its never good. The kids (and by kids I mean boys) finally went out and I got around to doing some tidying up, I realized it has taken all my self control not to loose my mind. How does that lady with 18 kids do it? Oh yeah, she has a huge house and each older kid gets to handle small ones. Maybe I should just get a house/zoo keeper!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! God doesn't give us more than we can handle, though He doesn't take us right up to the cusp sometimes? I suppose it's so we'll trust in Him rather than ourselves. We'll keep praying for you.

FluffyChicky said...

Leave it to Sarah to forget the time difference!

I wish I could be there to help! Maybe you should take and extended vacation in the states while KC is gone? :)

But you can do it girl! I've seen you in action and you are one awesome mama!

Mrs. Craig said...

Hey did you know that lady with 18 kinds is from Arkansas? Nathan and I watch them all the time. The Duggers that is. That lady lives and breathes children! The rest of us try to live our own lives, but kuddos to her! :) Isnt it funny how we thought college was hard...ha ha. :)