Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week (or two) in review...


Abby standing up!
A shot of Abby at nine months!
Ben! Handsome and armed!
Ben with little sister Abby! Not letting mom get anything done!
Awww! Daddy got his girl!
Ben was outside playing while I was sweeping the patio and then just came in and sat down and fell asleep, midway eating an apple.
What can I say? The man loves his beer!
And they have fields of the stuff!
Kathi's Steak house in Landshut
This is what they wear on the weekends (which we didn't go on!)
St. Martins church where the wedding took place.
Tower view
Inside altar
Back view from door way
Landshut


KC doesn't really looked too thrilled about fatherhood in this picture does he? But he loves it!
All American Abby!
Our family on the Fourth of July!
The freibad in our town!
The boys shivering yet posing!
Abby making faces at me!
Splish splash for Abby!
On the trampolines at Kristall!
Doesn't my little boy look so grown up in this shot! (Espcially with those ears?)
Kiddie pool at Kristall






So the last week or so has been kind of hectic! So, KC is still finishing night flights. The weather has been so stormy here and that coupled with the fact that they are always experiencing some sort of helicopter malfunction means they haven't gotten to fly. And they left off early last week for the fourth of July, which is a four day weekend around here. We took advantage of it and went to see some things. But don't worry, we did get a chance to go to a BBQ and have a good fireworks show!
On Friday, KC and I and the kids went to a place called Landshut (pronounced like land-shoot) to a medieval festival. However I didn't read all the fine print and we found out all the stuff happens on the weekends, not the week days. So we ended up just going around the town, eating at a great little steak house (all decked out in medieval attire for the festival) and then seeing some great things. Like St. Martins church, the tallest cathedral in Germany and largest brick structure in Europe...or so the brochure says. The reason this place is so awesome (at least to me anyway), is because the festival is celebrated in honor of a wedding. And not just a wedding, the wedding! In 1475, 18 year old Princess Jedwig (think Hedwig) from Poland married the duke of Landshut, 20. Their wedding festival was celebrated for 9 days! I forget how many pigs, chickens, and gallons of beer and spirits were consumed. As history goes, this wedding united the countries in their fight against the turkish empire. But it was also said the couple, was madly in love. Can't beat that! Why not celebrate it like crazy every few years!!?! I hope to go back at some point! It only happens every four years. It is a beautiful city too. And on the way over there we found out that it is hopps country. KC and I saw several crops of the stuff! Since its hopps that goes into making beer, KC was all happy! I had to have a picture or two!
On Saturday, we mainly hung around and just relaxed. We went to Illesheim to watch the fireworks but ended up being four hours too soon so we just spent the afternoon at John and Shelly's BBQing. The boys had a blast! And Thomas loved the show once it got dark.
On Sunday we were babysitting for Toni and Julia and took all the kids to the Heilsbronn freibad (swim park). It was cute and the kids played a lot there. Abby had never been in a pool so she got a kick out of it.
On Monday, Thomas started off the week with soccer camp and then we decided to go to this place called Kristall Palm Springs, in Nurnberg. It is wonderful. Six slides, hot pools, kiddie pools, current pools, trampolines, a man made wave pool, spa, restaurant, full bar, massage parlor and free tanning beds. It was a mini vacation in itself. Abby was great the whole time. Not fussy at all and the boys wore themselves out!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great pictures! I can't believe how big Abby is getting. I love the picture of Ben in the carseat...Joe keeps telling me that Sam will just fall asleep playing one day, but I can't believe it.

Mrs. Craig said...

You are getting so good with that camera! Way to go. I love seeing ALL of them. Ben sure has grown ALOT! Awesome 4th of July picture by the way! All of them were so cool. Love Abby's outfit...too cute!