Friday, December 15, 2006

25 Years Ago Today

I have so many things I wanted to put on the blog tonight, mostly about classes that the army wants me to go to and also my baking, but I will have to get to all that later.
KC and myself headed out to Goldberg Stagefield (a helicopter training field) today with the boys and Eran, a good flight school friend of KC. It was on this date 25 years ago that his father was killed in a helicopter accident somewhere on that field. Today it is used for training helicopter pilots who fly the Chinook, which is the big cargo-bus looking helicopter. They were taking off and landing as we made a toast to Eugene Chase III or Chief as he was called. KC and Eran drank a fine scotch, I drank a sparkling apple cider and Thomas mimicked us sipping on a box juice :). KC then poured out half of his drink into the ground, as it is tradition to show honor for those who have gone before.
Needless to say it was an emotional moment for everyone especially KC.

No comments: