Thomas as it turns out spiked his fever last night and with the vigilance of a two hour timer, I was able to keep it under control until we were able to get to the doc's office this morning. I was relieved when the doc ordered a strep test, a urine analysis for a UTI and chest x-ray, all of which came back totally normal. She said he just had something very viral and wasn't going to give us any antibiotics. I have to say I was very impressed with her. I usually don't like her, she has seen Ben a couple of times and seemed like she was in a hurry. But today she seemed on her game not only to make sure that Thomas was checked over properly, but to put my fears at rest. It has been a long day of temperature taking and dosage checking. So I am just going to stick with it. Ben is doing great, although he is going crazy not going outside. I won't let Thomas over exert himself quite yet outside in the heat. Every time he plays, he gets a screaming headache and ends up in veggie state on the couch for two hours with a pounding hurt. I hope it will pass soon, I just know its connected to his fever, but I hope he should be jumping off the walls before too long.
In other news the biggest of CONGRATS to our friends from college, Joe and Jen! Who welcomed their first born son Samuel Frederick into the world on Sunday night! Way to go you guys! Joe sounds like he is the proudest of fathers and I know Jen is just happy to be out of her very pregnant state (and the cankles that came with it) and enjoying the motherhood! I know of no complications and both mom and baby are doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment