Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July and other days

Crazy people down here with their crazy food!
Eran and Tonya-with KC acting like he is 12 right behind them!
Ben during the fireworks!
Snow cones and corn anyone?Thomas on the blow up toys!
Thomas w/ Hannah waiting in line!

Daddy and Benjamin! Thomas on the 4th!

Well the fourth of July went well. We ended up heading down to one of the air fields on Post to watch the fireworks and enjoy the time with a lot of people! And were there ever quite a few people there. I wanted to break out the 1776 movie musical and sing it in memory of the country and my own eighth grade year...you girls who took Mr. Abel's class with me in American History are smiling right about now! Come on you can sing it! "Sit down John! Sit down John! For God sakes John, sit down!" (I really do need to get that on DVD one of these days!)
One thing I have to say is the myriad of southern food they had down here. Fried aligator on a stick, boiled peanuts, etc. They had the usual funnel cakes, snow cones and a new one I haven't seen, deep fried twinkies. All we opted to get though was a snow cone and a few ears of roasted corn (which was really good). I brought other stuff so the boys could munch and we wouldn't have to spend all our money on food.
Thomas played on the big kid blow up stuff. I tried with Ben, but he just doesn't have the balance yet so when I put him in the toddler one all he did was get wet (it down poured earlier that day), and get pummled by other little bit older children. So he stayed with me in the stroller a lot of the time. Thomas on the other hand loved all the jump toys and even made friends with a little girl when he got seperated from KC. (I had Ben, KC went with Thomas). He ended up coming out the wrong end of a tunnel and couldn't find him so he asked this nice lady where his daddy was and to her credit, she held on to him until she located KC. She herself had a little girl almost exactly Thomas' age. She doesn't look happy in the pic I took but she was just as happy to talk and play as he was.
We stayed for the huge fireworks display and got to hear from KC's Post Commander and the wonderful Stars and Stripes Band. We were joined by KC's good friend (and future Godfather to our daughter) Eran, who showed up with his lovely and slightly more than a girlfriend (nothing has been made official yet), Tonya (who I just adore).
All in all we had wonderful time. We spent the weekend relaxing and enjoying just the family. KC took the boys and myself out to where he thought there were blueberries ready to be picked (still a bit early as we discovered), when he was in SERE school. I was out there a total of two hours and I already have new found respect for the guys that go through this stuff! Hot, muggy and very filled with bugs! I can not honestly say if I could make it. I know not now! Right now the AC is my best friend!
Then last night we got a babysitter (the first time in months), for a date night. Turns out it was great timing because our other good friend Ryan got orders to go to Ft. Hood, Texas and wanted to go out for pizza and drinks with us before heading out today. So we had a great time with other adults. I got to talk to Tonya about her work (she works at a doc office, and is going to school to be a nurse) and then I got to talk about several other topics all without worrying about kids! I love those kind of nights!
In other news too, I passed my blood glucose test and can't wait for the month of July to be done and over with! KC and I are planning one last trip up to the Pacific Northwest before heading to Germany. We have to see family and friends before we go. Its just really important to us. It will be hard on me, but I only have to do half the driving! Then I have to get back here and be ready for a new baby!

2 comments:

Jen said...

We can't wait to see you when you come back up here.

FluffyChicky said...

OK, when you get back to Idaho, you had BETTER stop and see me this time, because if you run of to Germany without seeing me, I am going to be so mad at you for like, forever! :)

Fried alligator on a stick? The should so sell that at the Blackfoot fair!