A blog started to chronicle the lives of a hard working family and too keep in touch with loved ones! Its a crazy time in life right now, but I am sure we wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Week in Review
WEDNESDAY:
I had a wonderful time on the night of the graduation ball. Wednesday came all too quickly as I tried to get through the momentous list of things to get done before it all happened. I went and got my hair updoed at my hair dressers. To her credit she did it in about 20 min! And anyone who knows me and my hair knows that is a feat! So I was able to get home early and much to my delight, my sitter showed up early and KC and I were able to get ready. KC looks so handsome in his dress blues!
At the ball, we had a wonderful time at dinner. And there were three pregnant ladies at my table! So I didn't feel so alone!
We met up with Eran and his whole family who came to attend. There were a few speeches and some awards given and a cute little film clip they showed from flight school, all through out the time here at Rucker.
Also, during the dinner, all the spouses of the flight students received their own set of "wings" on a chain and a PHT diploma. That stands for Pushing Honey Through. So I proudly wore my wings and am not sure if I want to put my diploma in a scrap book or on the wall! After a brief try at dancing (not something I recommend doing at over 7 months pregnant) we ended up leaving and headed to Eran's home for a few games of Wii with his mom, dad, brother and sister! I give up and I don't like those silly video game things anyway, (with very few exceptions) but I had a nice time visiting with everyone. We didn't get home until midnight and by then I was ready to hit the pillow!
Thursday:
After sleeping in a little bit in the morning, KC had to get up and get ready for the ceremony itself and left by ten. I got ready and took the boys to our friends Sharon's home so they would have fun at someone else's house. I got to the museum (that is where they hold all the graduations) in plenty of time. They had a four star general talk and it was a good speech. My friend Misty and her husband Nathan showed up to support their friends and Misty took some pics for me! I got to pin KC's wings on him, and then it didn't take too long until it was all said and done. Sort of funny to me. We all waited almost two years for this moment and then just like that, it was done. Then we had a whirlwind trip to pick up the boys, back to our house to await the sitter and then dash off again to meet up with Eran and his family once again for a celebration dinner. By that time I was out of my cute dress from the ceremony and into some well feeling maternity clothes. In the pic you can see I am a bit tired and really ready to go home and just relax.
The time away from the boys was good and it was nice to enjoy this moment.
Friday:
Then I had a doc appointment in the afternoon. We had a 4D ultrasound and got to see our little girl once again. I think this will be the last chance we get before she is born. The umbilical cord was over her face so many of the shots we have of her she is trying to get it away. Its so neat, its like she is annoyed with it and kept trying to either pull it up over her head or push it down around her body. KC was disappointed to see she didn't already have his mustache, :) but she looks so beautiful to me. They even got a picture of her cute little feet. I wish I could say I cried but I would be lying! Poor Ben hates that docs office and has screamed every time we went there. So this time he screamed the loudest and longest. Even the chocolate I packed wouldn't calm him down. So I was nerve racked with the kid screaming on Daddy's lap. Thomas was literally amazed at the images. He kept saying, "Look mom, I can see sissy! Can she see me?"
Saturday and Sunday:
KC and I reaffirmed our decision to take some things home for storage purposes and decided to travel next weekend. KC has to get his leave work in and then we have to start deciding what to take with us. It will be a long trip, but I don't mind, I don't want to be in Alabama heat and mugginess for all of August. Besides, we will get to see some all of our family and friends before our move across to Germany. So Idaho and Oregon here we come for a few weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
You look beautiful in your dress!
Post a Comment