Thursday, July 17, 2008

long days!

Well, KC has been working nonstop this week. He is gone before six and isn't home until after ten. By then, we are both so tired we don't even feel like sharing our day! Its nice that there is an unspoken appreciation for one another. He knows how hard it is with the kids alone and is sorry he can't be here to help out more, and I realize how draining on him it must be to away from us and being drilled all day long by mission planning stuff. At the end of the day our brains are almost numb! But its OK!

Yesterday the boys and I went out to some friends of ours who have a small farm. They are a wonderful family who have several animals, dad is a Blackhawk pilot about to retire and mom home schools and is a licensed massage therapist! I need her services right about now! While I was there they gave me great advice on PCSing (that is moving in military talk) to Germany since they lived there twice. KC and I are going to come back sometime next week in order to get more advice from them since they were in the exact same position we are in (newborn traveling and all) and can help out. I also volunteered KC to help bail hay!

In the past week they have had a streak of babies! New pigs, goats, chickens, ducks and even fish! So we were out there getting our usual order of eggs and and spent four hours there! But it was awesome, Ben was fascinated by the pigs, Thomas was helping the oldest boy get eggs from the hen house and feed the goats. They also have an array of cats, dogs and guinea pigs! So Thomas was holding either one or both of the cats most of the time. I can say by the time we got home they were pretty dirty! A quick supper and a warm bubble bedtime bath and I had no complaints when they crawled into their beds!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like a fun day.