Well, after careful consideration and very highly respected opinions on my dress from a few of my friends, I have come to the conclusion it isn't formal enough. (Apparently the ball is super ultra formal) Its cute, but its too much like a summer dress one would wear to an outdoor wedding. So here we go again! I am not quite in the hang of this thing yet, but when I go in search of another dress I will make sure it fits the occasion.
Lately Ben has been making some milestones! Just a few days ago he started full sentences, and has been repeating words from books and movies and what he hears from Thomas.
Most of his sentences consist of "I'm done!, Thomas, let go of me!, Please go outside!, I'm so happy!, Icee Pop Peez!" (The last one is for when we come in from outside, he can have half an ice pop to share with Thomas.)
He also has been able to reach the light switches in the kitchen and living rooms and his bedroom, and then this morning he surprised me by opening the front door by himself, (without big brothers help!)
He really has been such a joy to have! Sometimes he can be a little bit difficult in ways Thomas never was! Thomas hardly had a terrible two phase, Ben seems to making up for what Thomas didn't do. He still a stinker at bed time and doesn't particularly like the word "no". He throws fits in an almost hysterical manner and is starting to get into everything. So I have a few more things to set down soon. Once the baby is here I won't have a lot of time to be working with him.
Thomas has been drawing things. In his little pre-school set up I have for him, he works with his numbers and letters and is starting to write his name and draw all sorts of pictures. His favorite past time is using play dough. I can't get him to really color. Boys I find, just don't like to color. All my friends and family with girls say that they will color pretty pictures and be content with it. Thomas won't sit still unless I am sitting right next to him trying to get him to use the right colors. All in all though, I feel he is ready for pre-school if there is one offered in Germany, on post, and then soon into Kindergarden.
No comments:
Post a Comment