We were getting down to the last minute for my dress wearing experience. So on Saturday morning, KC literally kicked me out the door for Dothan and to Dillards. Well, I wasn't really in the mood to go. Honestly being pregnant makes me feel like there is no way I could put myself through a night of a ultra formal event and be happy about it. I just won't be ready to face the crowd of the drones of other wives and girlfriends who will look so perfect in their tiny little gowns and tight abs that I don't know if I can't keep from crying.
But I do know that this is KC's night, something he has been waiting for for almost a full two years to celebrate and my hormones (annoying though they may be) are going to have shove it for the evening for his sake. So I will have my hair done, my pretty face put on and my appropriate attire. (I draw the line at shoes, I have black shoes that won't be terribly hard to wear.)
So anyway, my buddy Misty went with me and the thing is with Misty, she is honest. Not brutally honest, but I like the honest policy. Its what I need to hear when I go dress shopping. So I am most grateful she got to go with me. We found a few great selections and after trying all of them on found what I think to be the most perfect dress! Misty agreed and I got it. I only pray I won't grow out of it before Wednesday night! Bump-agail has sure got me munching quite a bit these days! I will be sure to take pictures like crazy.
So the past few weeks has been filled with finding babysitters and people to watch the boys. I wil be gone most all of the day Wednsday and most of the afternoon and evening on Sunday. Poor Ben is teething with two year molars so I am just a little nervous as to how he will (or will not) handle it.
Also a funny story to share. At church on Sunday a lady found a key on the floor. It was one of those they send you in a contest thing. Like "bring this key to this dealership on Saturday and see if it starts this car!" But after a lady asked us if it was ours, Thomas perked up and said "Dad, its God' s car key!" and we both laughed. At the end of mass, Thomas whispered in our ear, "How will God start his car without his key?"
Ah the mind of a child!
2 comments:
can't wait to see pics of you all dressed up!
Where are the pictures of the dress? I wanna see!
Post a Comment