Well this morning I woke up resigning myself to go get a dress for KC's up and coming graduation. Its semi-formal, and I find that I have gotten rid of most of my formal wear in the last year. So I went to a few stores here in Enterprise, none of which made my day. The weather was hot and muggy as per usual in an Alabama July, so then we took off in the car to Dothan, a larger metropolis located about half an hour away. I finally found a cute dress that was like a summer dress, but black and cute and didn't make me so depressed. After going through like three stores I was literally crying. "Just throw a potato sack on me cause that is what I look like, a sack of potatoes!" I sobbed in the car. My dear husband has no idea how to say the right things when needed and just answered in response "Well, where do they sell potato sacks?" He bases most things on humor, trust me, this was NOT the right thing to say!
I literally felt terrible because I can not really wear maternity dresses and the regular dresses just look horrible. So I was just so self critical! But I think after a while I found one that will work. Not only will it be ok for the graduation, but with the right sweater, it will work for the baby's baptism as well (I can only hope!)
I found a pair of shoes that match nicely! Now, I consider myself a girlie girl, meaning that I love little girlie things, I like making things pretty and getting flowers and shopping etc... but I have never been the girlie girl type to get up at like 5 am to work out and do make up and hair (as many girls in my high school did). Some times I wish that were the case. I might now have more of an idea of styles and what goes with what. When I asked my mom what I should wear her response was simply "I don't know, I always had to wear my uniform to those military functions!" (Mom was a 2ndLieutenant in the Air Force).
I don't know if this little girl will be a tomboy or not, but my hope is for the latter!
So after what seemed like a lifetime in Dothan, we went home and were caught right in the middle of a huge lightening storm. Nothing but rain, wind, continuous lightening and I was just scared to death. We didn't have vision half the time because of the rain and we even had lightening strike the road! I just prayed we make it home safely and not hydroplane right off the black top! We did make it to our drive way in one piece (by the Grace of God!). Hopefully it will cloud over tomorrow, keeping the temps low, but not so scary!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see pictures of this dress!
Post a Comment