Dear Mommy,
tonight when you put me down at bed time I could see in your eyes something different in the way you looked at me. Could it be that because of things that have been changing? Where as I used to just nurse for a while then giggle and than comfortably fall asleep on your arm or in the blankets without so much as a care in the world, I now recognize that you are not there? Did you see that in the past week since I have been able to sit up on my own and pull (if not quite yet crawl..I am getting there) myself toward things I want to put in my mouth I notice where you are all the time? Tonight at bed time did you see how I put my tiny little fingers on the crib slats and pulled over to you because I saw you put on the music CD and put my clothes away as you do every night? I sit up in the crib now and turn my head and find out where you are and at bed time I know I make it harder. But I know you are realizing how big I must be getting and how alert I am to everything. So just remember to hug me more and play all my favorite games before I out grow them just like I have done my 3-6 onsies I keep hearing you cry over! By the way, I think its time to take down that mobile I have been reaching at for months! I finally can reach it now so if you value the thing at all, remove it because if it ends up in my small hands it will be gift wrapped in slober for you when you do take it away!
Love
Abigail
1 comment:
You always blog the cutest things. I can imagine this conversation going on. It's so hard when they all grow up.
Post a Comment