Saturday, May 16, 2009

This post has a few quotes especially made for father-to-be. I was in the pilots lounge with KC the other day with the kids and found out that one of the guys in KC's unit is going to be a dad in November. I told him I would post some quotes for him.

"We wanted you so badly. We loved you before we saw you!"-Peter Carey "A Letter to Our Son" The Granta Book of the Family

"Some dads liken the impending birth of a child to the beginning of a great journey."-Marcus Jacob Goldman, The Joy of Fatherhood (2000)

"For fathers-to-be, pregnancy also serves as a time of profound transition: nine months of mental, emotional, material, perhaps physical, and almost certainly financial preparation to become a father."-Kevin Osbourne, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Fatherhood (2000)

"Arrange for paternity leave." Ann Pigeon, Dad's Little Instruction Book (1995)

"Many of us are not ready to be fathers when the time comes."-John L. Hart, Becoming A Father (1998)

"I don't know any parents that look into the eyes of a newborn baby and say 'How can we screw this kid up?'"-Russel Bishop

"I felt something impossible to explain in words. Then when they took her away, it hit me. I got scared all over again and began to feel giddy. Then it came to me-I was a father." -Nat King Cole

"A baby is God's opinion that life should go on." -Carl Sandburg

"...when I looked at you first I saw not your mother and me, but your two grandfathers...and, as my father, whom I loved a great deal, had died the year before, I was moved to see that here, in you, he was alive."-Peter Carey, "A Letter to Our Son", The Granta Book of the Family

"Is this kid beautiful, or is this kid beautiful?" I always like to hear the choices again because they sound so familiar.-Paul Reiser, Couplehood (1994)

No comments: