Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Mothers Beatitudes

I have a lot of Mother's Day tributes. But I was given this one from a girl at my church group last year and thought I would put it up to share this week since Sunday is Mother's Day. I can't remember if I put these particular ones up last year or not, but here they are for all my fellow mothers out there. This includes those friends of mine who are moms-to-be, will become one soon enough, those who have lost their moms and to those who have been mothers since before I was born!

A MOTHER'S BEATITUDES

Blessed is the mother who tries to understand her child, for she shall inherit a kingdom of memories.

Blessed is the mother who knows how to comfort, for she shall possess a child's devotion.

Blessed is the mother who guides by the path of righteousness, for she shall be proud of her offspring.

Blessed is mother who teaches her child self control, for she shall see her child blossom.

Blessed is the mother who teaches respect, for she shall be respected.

Blessed is the mother who rewards the good and punishes the bad, for she shall be known as just.

Blessed is the mother who treats her child as she would be treated, for her home shall be filled with happiness.

Blessed is the mother who puts her family's needs before her own, for she shall be treasured.

Blessed is the mother who has character strong enough to withstand the thoughtless remarks and resentments of the growing child, for again, in due time, she will be honored.

1 comment:

Orchid said...

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Happy (early) Mothers Day to you!