Friday, May 8, 2009

Getting all the men folk mad at me!!!

Ok, so here is the back drop. KC is pilot in the US Army. He flies black hawk helicopters. His rank is CW2. Cheif Warrant Officer 2. He flies with other warrant officers. Because of our odd timing when joining the military, KC and I are really the only ones in his outfit that are our age with children. Most of these other young pilots are just at that engaged stage or dating or living (ugg!) with their girlfriends. So tonight was a big surprise send off party for KC's commander who leaves in June. We dropped off the boys with some friends of ours and took Abby.
Ok, so here is the problem. I have a cute baby. Not just a cute baby, but a baby who is good like 95% of the time. Seriously, my baby daughter only cries when she is tired or hungry. Never anytime else.
At this little get together, all these young engaged and/or involved gentlemen brought with them their dates. Well, put two and two together and it won't take very long to figure out that my happy baby (who was as giggly as ever) was being passed around like a photo album! My little munchkin dressed in yellow and pink hearts stole the show! Every girl in there (and I mean girl, there wasn't a single one of them who held her that was a mom already) had a turn at holding her. They each called out something like.."I want one!" or "Can I take her home"
Needless to say, it scared the absolute living daylights out of their male counterparts! Come on! These guys are trained to fly up to 180 miles per hour, in combat, during a sand storm, armed. What a mystical force of power a little pink fleshy baby has over them!
Well I should just forwarn them now, its gonna happen boys! As Steve Irwin would say..."it's natures way."

3 comments:

Jen said...

THat's great! Did you warn them, though, that babies come with all sorts of dispositions? Nah, let them find out on their own.

Team Eddy said...

Too funny, Mandy. If we'd brought our kids, it might have been the best birth control ever. :)

Orchid said...

Tee hee. Gotta love that.