Well, my buddy Julia turned 25 (oh to be so young!) on Sunday. To celebrate we had her, her brother, husband and two kids to our house for a BBQ. This was a lot of fun. KC and I broke out our Pictionary. We used to have lots of board games but somewhere from the move from 19th street to Cambridge, we lost them, (funny what things go missing during a move). So we decided to start replacing them.
We've played before, we love it, and we are pretty good, the only people to ever best us is KC sister and brother in law, Brandi and Russ. Oh how we forget over time what havoc playing an innocent board game can wreck on people. When doing phrases I popped a cork when I did draw a perfectly good example of the phrase "The whole nine yards" and KC didn't get it. The other team wasn't getting it either and he just sat there. To quote good ole Bill Engvall, "we had lawyers on the phone!" I even stood up and threw the chair under me! Yikes! (Good thing we were playing on the patio!) By the end of the night it had gotten pretty nasty, yet fun. I am dreading, yet waiting in expectation to play once more!
Thomas started Vacation Bible School yesterday. I think and hope he is having fun with that.
As a mom I learned a few lessons today: You really can't get silly puddy out of material. Even if its on your youngest sons only twin size sheet. Oh well. Live and learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment