You know those commercials about telling your kids not to smoke? The ones that say 'when was the last time you had to tell your kid to do something only once?'
Well, case in point. I got down some bungy chords to hook the wagon to when I was home. Katie had been playing with them all the time. Then Mikey, now Thomas. I told them each at least 20 times to put those things down and not to play with them again! But alas, as I was loading up the car to go to Sarah's house, I hear a painful cry behind me. There is Thomas with blood pouring down his face. He hooked the chord to a rose bush and walked away. It snapped and hit him right at the end of the eye brow line. I thanked God right then and there it wasn't his actual eye!!! (He had another near miss two weeks before at a park where he walked right into a branch some girls were holding, that one just below his eye ball!)
It looked open enough to have stitches so I took him in. The PA didn't seem to think so, he just used some super glue (KC, I know as you are reading this, I can actually hear you say 'thats what I would've done').
Well, medical super glue. Thomas squirmed some, but he swears he won't ever play with bungy chords again! Why do my children have to learn the hard way?
No comments:
Post a Comment