Thomas in front of the four story toy store. 
The backside of the castle, Napolean lived here for a while. 
The courtyard of the Duke behind the castle. You can see the church steeple in the background.

We made a few friends living downstairs. What can I say, I believe KC married me for my networking capabilities. This couple has a few daughters ages 9 and 11 and they drove us into Ansbach today. Its beautiful! We got to see the castle where the Duke of Ansbach lived also the kirche (church) he had built is located close. It has these beautiful cobble stone streets and all these beautiful old buildings. We were able to get some cell phones at the Tmobile store and while there do some shopping at a local toy store. Then we went to the mall and were treated to dinner at a neat Italian restaurant that serves the best dishes I have tasted yet. I had schnitzel with potato salad which was awesome! I should have tried the wine but steered clear of it since I was getting tired. Lugging around the kids was a challenge even with Shelly and John's help! But they really were answers to a prayer. I have been going crazy in this hotel with no where to go and we needed to get a few things done in town. So when they offered to just take us in and help us out, (they watched the boys at the toy store while it took us like three hours to get phones at the store) I jumped at the chance. I can't wait to take more outings, especially with great people like them!
The courtyard of the Duke behind the castle. You can see the church steeple in the background.
We made a few friends living downstairs. What can I say, I believe KC married me for my networking capabilities. This couple has a few daughters ages 9 and 11 and they drove us into Ansbach today. Its beautiful! We got to see the castle where the Duke of Ansbach lived also the kirche (church) he had built is located close. It has these beautiful cobble stone streets and all these beautiful old buildings. We were able to get some cell phones at the Tmobile store and while there do some shopping at a local toy store. Then we went to the mall and were treated to dinner at a neat Italian restaurant that serves the best dishes I have tasted yet. I had schnitzel with potato salad which was awesome! I should have tried the wine but steered clear of it since I was getting tired. Lugging around the kids was a challenge even with Shelly and John's help! But they really were answers to a prayer. I have been going crazy in this hotel with no where to go and we needed to get a few things done in town. So when they offered to just take us in and help us out, (they watched the boys at the toy store while it took us like three hours to get phones at the store) I jumped at the chance. I can't wait to take more outings, especially with great people like them!
On an even happier note, the housing office finally allowed us to get a realtor so we don't have to do it all ourselves. I can't wait to start seeing what they have availiable.
1 comment:
Thank goodness for new friends! Oh, and Anne does have a blog. If you go to my blog, she's on my roll as Farmchick's Frantics.
Post a Comment