I got up to head to mass with Abby this morning on Post when I had an interesting conversation with the security guards who check IDs when going on and off post. They are contracted by the Army so most of them are german civilians. They all speak german and english. More so in german.
I have been trying to use all the german phrases "Hallo" "Guten tag" and so forth. I noticed that they do not answer me back in german. When I brought this up this morning, the guard smiled and said that most of the guards learned english and rarely get a chance to use it except while on guard duty. So I want to use my german, they want to use their english, so I guess I have to play it their way if I want to get back to Post for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment