Sunday, June 8, 2008

And He's Outta Here! (well only for SERE School)

Ben enjoying watermelon!

Daddy reading Ben's favorite book!
Ben with a haircut and some new pjs!
KC left this afternoon for a 21 day training class nick named SERE. Search, Evasion Resistance and Escape. I think its some kind of prisoner of war thing. He isn't allowed to talk about it, nor is he allowed contact with family while there. So here I am alone with the boys for a few weeks. It was something we had been preparing for for a while. This was all supposed to happen back in April but you just never know with military. Even today, KC was dubbed an "alternate" and showed up because he was told to and that they wouldn't know if he could actually start the class until everyone had been accounted for. But he hasn't called for a ride and hasn't showed back up at home, so I am to assume that they took him.
I guess that is one thing about military life that has got my pet peeves rearranged. I can't plan on doing anything with the hubby because their plans change at the last minute. But I knew what I was signing on for when we discussed it nearly two and half years ago. It is funny, today is KC's second anniversary. 2 years in serve on June 8, 2006. Crazy to think he has been active duty for that long.
So I have many fun activities planned for the boys and myself while KC is gone. A lot of them are gas friendly and hopefully we will get some awesome time out of them. The YMCA is having swimming lessons and its only 1.2 miles from our house. So I can walk there everyday and then next week Thomas starts Church camp from 6-8 in the evening. I also have rearranged the movies we have ready in the netflix subscription! KC has a lot of martial arts, sci-fi, and others I have never heard of and while he is away I rearranged it to get mostly every classic Disney cartoon they have as well as the entire three seasons of Ducktales! (A Disney original cartoon series I had growing up.)
The temp has been hitting nearly 100 degrees here so we have had the air on and have barricaded our home in an attempt to stay cool. I hung up blankets over the windows and over the main kitchen entry way which will help cut the cost of the AC and keep the heat from the kitchen from spreading into the house.
Also, it must be the heat, but I swear, everyday I feel more and more tired with this pregnancy. No matter how many naps I got or how early I went to bed, I still feel like I am in a comatose state between 2-4 in the afternoon. So I am trying to find a zip to my energy that will enable me to be a little more lively and get some things done.
With a little prayer and few trial and error things, I figured out that eating watermelon relieved my leg cramps. I bought one and we had some on the back patio (see Ben's pic). Not only did Benjamin love it so much he ate tons of it, but I ate a few pieces but it seemed to help. I didn't get a single leg cramp that night. So I am keeping up on that and we shall see how it follows through.
I can't say its easy trying to gain my senses and keep two little boys entertained. They keep telling me that these years will fly by! At this point I am wondering when and IF that will actually happen! So I ask all of you faithful readers out there to say some extra prayers for me and hope that I actually get through the month of June with limited emergency interruptions and some extra energy!
P.S. Just a quick note to Mags, I promise to get some prego picks up soon!

1 comment:

Jen said...

hang in there!