Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a May! Part 1

Well, in whirlwind of adventures we have been having this past May, I haven't had time to do much for the blog. But hey, that is just my life.
In May, KC and I decided on a name for our little girl. I had it down between three names. Abigail, Amelia and Allison. (I know, I have a thing for the A names.) So, after talking about it, we settled on Abigail. Not only does it mean 'father's joy", but it was the name of one of one of my very favorite first ladies; Abigail Adams, whose wit I enjoyed reading so much in high school and college. I have no doubt that this little girl will be a definite daddy's girl with such a sense of humor and wit like her father. I keep telling KC that while I have acquired through various garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets and the charities of all my friends who have little girls and are all finished having children (i.e. Sharon-thanks) I have so much pink stuff to have the little princess I want, she will probably turn tom-boy after the age of six. But darn it, I get those first six years!
For example, anyone who knows me moderately well knows that I don't handle spicy foods really well. I am pretty sure I get that from my Polish mom! My dad has a cast iron stomach! Anyway, I have never been big on anything more spicy than a mild buffalo sauce! But I discovered that Abigail likes spice! The other night I was way hungry and got up to get a little snack. Some left over hamburger pasta that I had whipped up for dinner. When I heated it up it just didn't taste right. To my own shock, I found myself going to the spice cupboard and getting out Cayenne pepper, Tabasco, four pepper blend and chili powder and all but dumping a heap of everything on top. After it was whipped up I ate it down without a problem! Then a few days later I was making a dish called Mexi-Cali Chicken from a recipe my dad sent me that didn't call for any jalapenos, but I put two of them in the salsa! I couldn't believe it! Trust me, I think KC is enjoying it!
Anyway, on to the middle name. It took a little teeth pulling but I got KC to agree to the name Bernadette. I love the book Circle of Friends and the lead character, "Benny" Bernadette Hogan even more! Plus she is one of my most favorite saints! (Bernadette of Lourdes) So we have a name now. And I know, her initials will be ABC, but hey, makes her learn her alphabet sooner I bet!
This name choosing thing isn't new for us. KC and I had names picked out for all our kids early. We choose Thomas at the last minute though. We had the name Aidan picked out for him, which I am glad we changed, it ended up being the top boy name of 2003! So we took a family name and great biblical name and I couldn't be happier. Benjamin was already picked two weeks after we found out I was pregnant! So while other people wait til the baby is born (and by no means is that a bad thing), we just seem to do it early.
And now little Abigail is making her presence known! (KC affectionately calls her "bump-agail because I am starting to show a little earlier that the previous two!) She moves constantly and at night is no exception. Not so tough yet where I can't fall asleep.
I started getting the dreaded leg cramps. I didn't get them with Thomas, horrible with Benjamin and now it seems I am getting hit all the time. For the past two weeks I have been up at least four times a night with those things. The only way to get them to go is to get up and walk around and sometimes that doesn't help much. Sometimes I have to wake KC up to massage my calves to the point where the muscle wants to break, but it takes away the cramp!
I am also tired more. That could just be a combo of the other two runts and the fact that is so hot and muggy down here. But that is what AC is for!
We go in at the end of July for something called a 4D ultra sound, the docs office gives it to all military as a gift. So it should be awesome pics I will post.
KC was able to get new orders so we need to report to Germany at the end of October. This should be fun as after the baby is born, I need to get her paperwork as fast as possible or else we can't travel together as a family because every single person needs a passport to travel. But hopefully we can put a rush on it while we wait to leave. Its just the office of Vital Statistics that I need to work with. Trust me when I say everything in Alabama is SLOW! The people included.

No comments: