Well, summer is in full swing! And I am not swinging with it! Last night it rained and I ran out to roll up the windows in my car. I left the keys in the ignition (like I always do) but I left them in the on position and it drained my battery! Thank goodness I have the truck to get around. Hopefully my neighbor next door can help me out! If not I have a back up of people who know what they are doing with jumper cables!
In other news, all the parents at the swimming lessons will have one day next week to take pics of their kids in the pool. So stay tuned for that! Thomas loves it better than he did last year. I can leave him with his instructor and he goes in the water like a fish! I am anxious to see how he will do come the end of next week. The water wings and life jacket like swim suits we have gotten him have really helped him not fear the water! While he swims, Ben and I go to an observation area with a play ground and benches that are shaded (thank the good Lord!) But I noticed as I watched Ben that he is totally different than Thomas. Not that I think they should be carbon copies, but Thomas has always been like "where is my mom?" He would never stray ten feet from me! And to this day if I say "Bye bye Thomas!" He jumps to attention from whatever is keeping him and chases after me in fear I might actually leave him!
Not the case with Benjamin! I put him down and whooosh! He is gone! No looking back and no fear! The only time he needs me is when we go down stairs or over street curbs and he doesn't even look at me when his hand flies up and he says "hand!" He loves to be my cuddle bug in the evening, but other than that, that is it! It just amazes me. Now I wonder how the new little blessing will be when she arrives!
No comments:
Post a Comment