Monday, June 30, 2008

Target Trouble (AGAIN!)

First, a little disclaimer! I have read past blogs and found that my spelling and grammar might be slightly off. Though I try my best, I usually do these things late in the evening or in the morning before the boys rise and shine. Not exactly the best times for my brains these days. So all of you out there will just have to put up with it. I could go back and change it once I am done, but unless its something very serious, I won't mess with it. You have been warned!

So now, its time to tell you all of my Target store trouble. Most of you know the big store Target. Well its been a thorn in my side for years. I have nothing against the people or the politics of it. Its just that whenever I go in there, some unforeseen technical problem arises. Case in point: my dear friend Sharon is throwing me a baby shower in September, so she asked me to please go register somewhere. So I picked Target. I have gone there three times, each time leaving unsuccessful. Until today, after my doc appt. It took a while, but they finally fixed the problem. When making a registry, you have to have a little scanner and fill out a bunch of online questions on their kiosk machine. Well, the kiosk didn't remember my passwords, print out my bar code I needed to get the scanner and that has happened each time. But any and all times I went to the store before that, something else always seemed to happen. Either the credit/debit card machine was down, the computer wouldn't read my check, one time I even had cash ready and the damn cash register got stuck and I had to take all my stuff to a different register.
These are not huge things, but what are the odds of it happening, every time I go into that store! I kid you all not! I ran in there one time for a baby shower present in January and though I had the bar code and everything else required at check out time, the system didn't recognize the registry!
Ok, so that is my story about Target. Good store, bad computer problems. Am I the only one who has that dilemma? I swear, the store knows I am coming! :)

No comments: