Saturday, June 21, 2008

Swimming lessons

Still needs work on the back float but at least he can put his face in the water now!



Well yesterday was Thomas' last day of swimming lessons! He celebrated with an snow cone and they let the parents come watch! I do have to put my two cents in here. I don't get what the fascination is with putting young girls (like as young as 18 months) in bikini type swim suits. I actually over heard a pair of 8 year old girls talking about their butts and how when they get boobs their mothers promised to get one of them a sleeker bikini! I don't know, maybe its because I am having a girl and I still believe women should keep some sense of modesty about them. But whatever, I digress...
We had a blast this past week as it was Vacation Bible School week as well. I am glad I am keeping busy. Next week will definitely be a challenge. I don't know why anyone in their right thinking mind would want to be pregnant in the summer down here! It is way too damn hot, way to damn muggy and it zaps all the energy right out of you! I feel so guilty because I walked everyday with each of the boys and I haven't had the umph to actually go walking down here. My hope is I can start going later in the evenings once KC gets back from SERE.
Thomas and Ben are doing their worst to keep me busy and in a messy house. I can not, repeat can NOT get up early. I wake up feeling more tired then when I went to bed, I barely have enough energy to do the daily housework and anything extra I will just have to fit in when I have time. A few days ago I did get down on my hands and knees to scrub the kitchen floor. Well let me tell you when I got back up, two minutes later I was cracking in spots I shouldn't hear cracking, I felt sore muscles already and my back was screaming at me. NEVER AGAIN in this pregnant state! I will get a maid first! I am confident that after the baby comes I will get back some sort of energy. I have been told it stays nice and cold and snowy in Ansbach, and I can't wait to get there and see for myself.
One blessing that did show up this week was my order of disposable diaper liners. I use cloth diapers (and I encourage everyone else to as well-disposables are only gonna keep going up in price and its cleaner for the earth). But having to wash out the messy ones of an almost two year old takes it out of you. So when my sister in law was here, she recommended that I buy some liners. I didn't know they sold such things! (So thanks and BLESS YOU Brandi!) I have looked at every store in the greater Wiregrass area (here where I live), and found nothing. So I went on line and ordered some. Let me tell you they are worth their weight in GOLD! I just lift out and throw in the toilet! I only have the wet diaper to wash. (Ah, the funny things we moms are soooo happy about!)
And while KC has been gone, I have been scrap booking up a storm! I have almost all the pictures I have saved in a cute book! I can't wait to get it done. (I am usually in a comfy position on six pillows while I do this in order for none of my limbs to fall asleep and my back to stay relaxed.) That was my big thing to have finished before KC comes home. I pray I get it done this week! 8 more days to go!

1 comment:

Orchid said...

I would love to see some of your scrapbook pages. Do you do paper or digi scrapping?