Well, after what has seemed like and eternity, I must say I am glad tomorrow is coming. I got a call from a SERE officer telling me "my soldier would be ready for pick up at 11:30am Sunday" on Post! I was so happy! So after the kids and I get out of church we are heading over to pick him up. Yesterday Thomas and Ben and I went to commissary and got groceries, played Don't Break The Ice about a thousand times and finally after three hours of threats I got them to go to sleep. I sat down in my lazy boy and thought about how glad I was that I was dry. Meaning that in the last week, we have gone to the lake three times, the Post pools, played outside everyday in the water and been through rain storm after rain storm. I am beginning to feel somewhat waterlogged! So I think I will stay clear of the hose for a few days and hope the humidity will come down. I can't imagine what KC had to go through to pass SERE but I am sure he got dumped on with the weather and was out in it for most of the time.
Anyway, today amidst a birthday party and babysitting, Thomas calmly asked me why they have to cut me open to get out sissy. (Thomas has started calling the baby "sissy" cause that is how I refer to her when talking to them). I had no idea where he heard that, but later remembered showing him his own baby book and explaining that is how he was born. How do explain a C-section to a four year old? Well I just used my dashing wit and told him that he and Ben were born that way and that is was good enough for his sister. He just shrugged and said "alright". I am sure more questions will follow later, but for right now, I am glad he isn't pushing the matter. :)
And then while we are the commissary getting groceries, he put two and two together and figured out ground beef is actually ground cows. After a few seconds of realization, (and me giving him the bible story about how God gave Man dominion over the animals) he comes to conclusion that they taste good. The man behind the counter putting out more meat just chuckled and gave me the thumbs up sign. So all in all it has been a couple of eventful days.
Also, FYI I have my monthly baby appt on Monday. They get to do the blood glucose test on me and I just pray that everything comes out OK! Any and all prayers would be appreciated for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment