I spent the day holding true to my first New Year's resolution. I always get psyched and have like five or six at the beginning of the year but that always dwindles down to about one or two by my birthday in March. :) But this one I am keeping! I decided that on the first of every month I would spend just that day totally reorganizing a part of my house that I never have time for. So today, I started with the office. In between episodes of Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel (which is one of my and KC's favorite shows ever), and watching two small children, I managed to get most of it reorganized. Not just my scrap booking things either (which ended up taking most of my time), my desk is up and running and I even went so far as to clean out my purse! Next month, the kitchen! I want to redo pots and pans and all the baking dishes. Since we moved in I have been displeased with the way I did it, so I will give that a go!
Also, today was the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl in Arizona, Boise State played Oklahoma. Never thought I would enjoy football. But as KC watches it and I have two boys who will no doubt follow in their father's foot steps, (KC was center on offense and tackle on defense in high school), I sat down and have been following the games the past few weeks. I am thinking I am getting the hang of it. I actually enjoyed it. Any of you who saw that BSU-OK game know what I am talking about! It was a great one! I am really more into hockey myself but I figure if we become sports fans of more than just one sport, awesome! I am pretty resigned to the idea of my life with three boys. :)
I spend my days picking up blocks, Lincoln Logs, dinosaurs, toy cars and trucks, helicopters and planes, trains, sports balls, marbles, puzzles, books and tons of those little plastic soldiers. It was actually pretty funny, Thomas had a pretty elaborate ordeal going on the floor the other day in his room. He had a line of all his trucks (firetrucks and dump trucks included) all positioned with soldiers, in front of them; most of his dinosaur collection with their soldier "riders" leading the way, then a line of Lincoln Logs strung out from edge to edge. He had his new Mr. Potato Head (Star Wars Special Edition) Darth Tater, walking in front of the Lincoln Logs as if he were the commanding General ordering his troops to go in against the other soldiers hiding under the bed! At this point its probably a good thing he doesn't have sister or else her "My Little Pony" collection might be in jeopardy! :)
Tomorrow promises to be a big day. We have the Joker Club coming over for a lasagna dinner. (Those are KC 's pals from flight school). Also, one of the club just got engaged (congrats Adam and Stephanie) so maybe I can lure them into playing a nice game of "Catch Phrase".
No comments:
Post a Comment