Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Play-doh and the new night light

Today was pretty fun! Last night we discovered our living room full, from the wall to about three feet out, was pretty much soaking wet. One of our pipes in our bathroom had broke and leaked through so that our bathroom and living room was yucky. The rental agency was great about it. So we had a lot of people over. The plumber, the carpet cleaning people, Thomas and Ben were wide eyed at everyone.
I decided to get Thomas some play-doh at the store and he loves it. I haven't played with it since 3rd grade and as I found myself playing along with Thomas at the kitchen table I forgot how much fun it is! It was nice to just take time out for a few minutes and sit down and build a little something out of that funky smelling stuff! Doesn't the smell of play-doh just take you back? Kind of like the smell of plastic and perfume makes me think of brand new Barbie Dolls. :)
Anyway, we are still recovering. I guess I would have to say right now I am the worst off, the boys are doing well and I figure I better try to go to bed to get some sleep tonight, otherwise I will probably be waiting forever to get better.
I am proud of one thing I found today. I went to a little consignment shop here in town that deals in children's clothes. Thomas was in need of a new jacket (the one he has been wearing to the park is a size 2T!) so I went in there to look. I found a few cute books and a children's lamp for his room that is so perfect. They have a lot of girls lamps everywhere and all they have for boys it seems is sports things. Nothing wrong with that, but I found a little night light type lamp that has two bears, brothers, in their pajamas getting into bed. It is so cute. I will have to put it up on the site as soon I can get the camera battery recharged!
We never did find a jacket there, but the good news is, I went through a couple boxes of older size clothes tonight, I found one we had bought at the GAP when he was just a couple months old. They were having this huge clear out of winter clothes and so KC and I got all these things dirt cheap brand new in sizes way bigger than he was but that work for him now. The jacket still had the size and tag on it! Glad I didn't find one for him. :)

No comments: