
First, I want to take a minute and mention Melissa and Richard. They are celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary today! 5 years, 2 beautiful daughters, 10 moves, 8 jobs and 1 army deployment later they are still rocking! Congrats my friends!
Ok, January 5th was a little strange over in our neck of the woods. We were on Tornado watch until 4pm, but the threat was over by like 2pm. I think I am getting the hang of when the rain is going to show up. It gets so very muggy here for a day before hand (and unfortunately stays two days after). I went for a walk in the evening by myself and as I walked I could see little beads of moisture start to form on my clothes and my hair as I walked, as if someone was squirting me with a spray bottle. But its just the humidity. Its also that humidity that brings out the smells in the air. I won't lie, most of the time the air doesn't smell good. Or, at least its not what I would call sweet smelling. Smoke and garbage odors travel for a long distance. Its a combo of the heat and the moisture. So if you pass a trash can or a dumpster, it sticks with you for a while. The upside of that is, because the air is so thick, it will smell great if you pass by something sweet. I can't wait for roses to bloom in the thick of the summer so that I can catch the aroma in the air. Some people have told me it stays for hours. We have Magnolia trees all over in the woods behind us so I am looking forward to it! Also the lightening bugs are supposed to be out too! I remember those being in Michigan when we would visit when I was just a kid, so it will be exciting to see how Thomas reacts to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment